Chewing Gum for Kisses
One of the nicest, if most wildly inaccurate things anyone has said about me is that I look like Marlene Dietrich. So this Christmas I received a Dietrich picture book. Marvellous. Incidentally, the above song (from Billy Wilder's great, utterly cynical postwar Berlin seediness-fest A Foreign Affair) is the source of my current blog epigraph...

1 Comments:
Owen, have you been to the Dietrich room in the Filmmuseum Berlin - Deutsch Kinamathek? The museum is sadly too static - I don't think the 'permanent' displays have changed since it opened as part of SonyPotsdammerPlatz - but there are occasional television displays that do change. Anyway, the Marlene room is like no other shrine I've seen. And then, a room or two later, you get National Socialism as morgue - draws you pull out with TV's as if they were bodies on a slab.
Post a Comment
<< Home