Friday, December 07, 2007

Desert, Concrete


In a similar utopian documentary vein, here's the film Brasilia, capital of Brazil from 1967 - the desert city looking magnificently Ballardian - soundtracked, of course, by Kraftwerk. Specifically their jingle for Expo 2000, inducing all sorts of future/past dissonance. Which wasn't helped by listening to the youtube bassline stuff Simon has posted at the same time. Despite the somewhat disappointing version of the future it represents, it's such a relief to hear people making new and brutal noises again, for whatever purpose - a bit of forward motion, no matter how juvenile. And I especially like the threat 'come to my town and I'll show you the scenic'.

4 Comments:

Blogger owen hatherley said...

I can't make my mind up whether or not this is spam...

4:18 pm  
Blogger it said...

I think the second one is definitely a proper comment.

9:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Chief President in Chief of all Bank Of Foreigners, Chad. I please to offer you, sincerely and in my heart, Rolex for wrapping round enlarged penis. With free money.

George Xi

2:04 pm  
Anonymous ideas de negocio said...

Really trustworthy blog. sesli Please keep updating with great posts like this one. sesli sohbet I have booked marked your site and am about to email it

6:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home