Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Crepuscular Aesthetics



Happy new year all from the veritable winter wonderland that is Warszawa. There will be no posts here again for a little while, because I'm working on a short Zer0 book on Pulp, finishing those blog posts that I never completed in the form of a cash-in book for the cash-in reformation.

ALSO ALSO

If I might, errm, 'crowdsource' for a moment, if anyone has a title better than either/both Razzmatazz or The Joy of Pulp, please please let me know in the comments...

In the meantime, here's some things made earlier:


Reviewing a book on Jim Stirling's Red Trilogy in Icon, one of several reviews I've written for them over the last few months but a rare one to make it onto their website...and - not online, but entirely corporeal - on the underpasses of Warsaw in East Midlands arty types YH485's 'Inside' newspaper.

...and presenting, ladies and gentlemen, the Speculative Realist blog generator.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Adam said...

I like Razzmatazz; The Joy of Pulp not so much.

Maybe: What Men in Stained Raincoats Pay For... although that might give the wrong impression.

She is Somewhere in the City, maybe?

or

Nites of Suburbia.

or maybe:

where the sky is always grey, and the food exceptionally greasy.

I don't think these a very good, actually. I'd go for Razzmatazz.

11:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The One Thing We've Got More Of"

12:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It may look to the untrained eye, I'm sitting on my arse all day"?

Igor Belanov

10:44 am  
Anonymous jollibee's history said...

well said,,,n happy new year n a great winter season to all of u too,,,well i dont have such info about Razzmatazz or The Joy of Pulp,well let me search smthing thn vill mst let u knw ...

5:42 pm  
Anonymous BenSix said...

I'd never recommend it but I'd be astonished if no one has used "Uncommon People" before...

*Trots off to google*

Huzzah!

1:47 pm  
Anonymous Adam said...

"Pulp-ism" "Pulpi-st"

2:37 pm  
Anonymous Pattaya Girls said...

how about "pulp dictionery" ?

3:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Sex City' - that should increase sales and google hits.

2:08 am  
Anonymous Adam said...

"What Exactly Do you do for an Encore?"

2:40 am  
Blogger owen hatherley said...

Some good ones here, many, many thanks - have now settled on one though, which will be revealed in due course....

4:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I see I am too late, was going to suggest 'Slide out of view'. Looking forward to the book (where do you find the time?)

6:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new year's card from 1940 was made by the Isotype group directed by Otto Neurath. Five months later, Otto and his colleague Marie Reidemeister were on a boat out of Scheveningen, as the German forces invaded the city. You can see a very good show of their work at the V&A just now. It's on until March:

http://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/index.html

(For the record, I do believe that this copy of the Isotype new year's card belongs to me, and I was the was the one who scanned it! I gave it to the Stroom Gallery in The Hague, who ...)

Robin Kinross

12:14 pm  
Blogger owen hatherley said...

It was sent to me by a friend for new year a couple of years ago - but full credit to you sir. Just been reading the reprint of The Transformer and all. Very good it is...

12:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for that -- not complaining, I'm just curious about how these things get around (I've never seen it reproduced anywhere in print, nor on the www). Well, I'm just about to start reading A guide to the new ruins. I like the friendly format. RK

4:58 pm  
Blogger  said...

Holy Cow! Did you name this blog for moi?
Did you see my
Frosty The (A large amount of cotton and a New Years Candle) Flame Thrower?

)))((((((
(o)...(-)
....U....
..[___]..

2:37 pm  
Blogger Op Dr Ali Mezdeği said...

Thanks for the information. I really enjoyed, I would like get more
information about this,because is very beautiful, thanks for sharing
kalp ritim bozukluğu

1:57 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good Article, toko souvenir resepsi perkawinan. thanks for your article. :)

12:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home