Tuesday, July 22, 2008

On Yer Bike



As, despite now having part-time employment, I still have to sign on in order to pay the rent and to have a hope of paying the gas and electric bills, I look a tad askance at the prospect of compulsory 'Community Service', particularly when suggested by an oleaginous Blairite fuck who was last seen singing the praises of the super-rich. I was going to rant about this here, but thankfully The Tomb has saved me the trouble, and while at it gives a few well-aimed kicks at the 'left' argument for this punitive nonsense, to which I occasionally get subjected when I write on this topic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Roger Gathmann said...

A nice quote from John Kenneth Galbraith (from Debunking Economics) – neoclassical economics can be summed up in the twin propositions that the poor don’t work hard enough because they’re paid too much, and the rich don’t work hard enough because they are paid too little. It is on the back of that absurdity that we’ve been carried through thirty years of Reaganomics and Thatcherism. Oh, for the Middle Ages, when the ruling class was, at least, comparatively rational.

5:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home