Tuesday, February 19, 2008

If you spike me, you'll know you've been spoken to



A recently editorially rejected review of the Rodchenko and From Russia exhibitions is now up at t'measures - it's pitched at a rather lower level than most of the posts there, so no 'yes, we know' comments, because I already know that you know. The piece takes a decidedly Proletkult line on the subject of art and the undeath thereof.

7 Comments:

Blogger it said...

Fine Art, although we think of it as something eternal and immutable, is actually a relatively recent idea.

Whole belief systems are crashing down around me as I read this line... How dare you destroy my sub specie eternitatis aesthetic prejudices with your historical contextualisation, you impudent time-whelk!

[heh heh heh. sorry.]

11:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your lower level posts as much as your mid to uppers. I know these blogs probably aren't aimed at plebs like me but it's worth remembering that some of us don't know. So, ah, cheers Owen.

12:03 pm  
Blogger it said...

I like your lower level posts as much as your mid to uppers.

I do too! I was only joking.

Besides, I think Owen writes everything for the plebs - the haute-bourgeoisie are hardly going to approve!

1:57 pm  
Blogger owen hatherley said...

(sorry anon, that comment was directly aimed at smartarses like little miss infinite)

2:46 pm  
Blogger it said...

If my arse is smart, it's because it spends all its time hanging out with you, you big hairless aesthete!

3:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all good IT, I know ya joking (from the heh heh heh bit). On consideration you're right about Owen writing for the plebs, accessible but not dumbed down. I have also realised that the concepts and language that at first I struggled with, on this blog and many of the links, are making me think, and has me now hooked. I like yours too btw IT. In fact, hooray for all of you folk out there writing thoughtful and critcal material for the love of it. later.

12:16 pm  
Anonymous ideas de negocio said...

Really trustworthy blog. sesli Please keep updating with great posts like this one. sesli sohbet I have booked marked your site and am about to email it

6:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home