Thursday, August 23, 2007

'Real Life and Postcard Views...'



Oh, Europe Endless...Up at my Flickr is another load of the same, including as well as several extra boring and non-boring postcards, a few the majestic Karl-Marx-Allee in Berlin, which annoyingly were taken on the only non-blazingly sunny day that I was there: but hopefully this adds to the general atmosphere of European Grey.



The postcard above, meanwhile (which, mark you, is 'jumbo') came through the post this morning, an example of that hugely underrated architectural subgenre, the spaceage tower, another fine example of which can be found in the background of one of the Berlin pics. Another excellent tower is the one at the top of this post, on the Slovakian-Polish border, courtesy of Joel Anderson.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like Kurt Cobain, I have only ever been up the Space Needle in Seattle once.

I also remember a hotel bed where in return for inserting a coin you got an automatic massage.

Memories...

8:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gwinnif,
If you google "Faro de Moncloa" you can check out a early 90's space tower type thing in Madrid.
Not ALL that impressive, but as good as we get on that front round here... I think...
chao
(zzzzipping away on my vespa)

2:57 pm  
Blogger owen hatherley said...

Excellent! If I'd known it had a tower I would have visited by now...x

1:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home