Prefab Holiday
So, despite still being cosily enconsed in Central Europe I shall wake up the sleeping tragedy...posts on Berlin and the East German approach to Urbanism (better known as the huge roads, huge buildings, huge spaces method), Plattenbauten, the bleak joys of Dessau and more are on their way, plus longer pieces on Southampton brutalism, Richard Pare's tremendous The Lost Vanguard, 'Speculative Surrealism' and all sorts of other bits and bobs. Nonetheless I am aware there has been some rancour while I've been away. Aside from some adolescent bluster there have been some very interesting posts which I'm sure most reading this will have already read, but hats off regardless to the usual suspects, and to Dejan for surprising pithiness. I've posted on these matters so many times that it seemed superfluous to make any further statement on the issue. Anyhow: normal service shall be resumed soon enough, and in the meantime here's me on Hadid in Socialist Worker.

2 Comments:
Cracking SW piece - did you write it in the house style originally, or did they edit it somewhat? It's quite a discipline, isn't it?
Ta. Well, I have learned to internalise their demands somewhat, but there are edits here and there, albeit far fewer than in the previous things I wrote for them...
Post a Comment
<< Home